When divorce involves dependent children and complex property matters, it is rarely a simple process. The restructuring of a family and the sorting out of property involves decisions and issues that will affect the individuals and the family for years to come.
It makes sense to be represented by a divorce attorney who has:
- A deep knowledge of the issues involved
- An exceptional understanding of the law and how it is applied inCalifornia courts
- A sincere concern for her clients and their families.
Brea divorce lawyer Brenda McCune is a certified family law specialist whose representation of clients and reputation among her peers has brought her recognition as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Her understanding of California divorce and family law is demonstrated in published articles she authored.
At the Law Office of Brenda McCune, we serve our clients in all practice areas of family and divorce law including:
- Divorce: The Law Office of Brenda McCune offers full divorce services, adapting to the needs of each family.
- Paternity: When paternity involves a non-marital relationship, there are custody and support issues to consider.
- Child Custody: Our law firm presents information that will help the court make a decision in the best interests of the child.
- Child Support and Spousal Support: Lawyer Brenda McCune researches the information needed to come to an equitable solution.
- Property Division: The Law Office of Brenda McCune makes certain that all eligible property is considered.
- Post-Judgment Modifications: Factors governing child custody, child support and spousal support often need to be modified by the court.
The Law Office of Brenda McCune represents clients in and around the California communities of Brea , Placentia , Fullerton , Brea and Anaheim .
Brea divorce lawyer Brenda McCune is a certified family law specialist whose representation of clients and reputation among her peers has brought her recognition as a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
Association of Certified Public Accountants, Issues in Family Law Litigation, 2006
American Bar Association, Advanced Trial Skills, Family Law Section, Houston, Tx. 2007
Consumer Attorneys Association, Conference, September 2008
American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Annual Conference 2007
Analyzing Tax Returns, and Electronic Discovery, Mark Kaplan, 2004
Cross Examining Expert Witnesses, While, Zuckerman, etal., 2004
Family Law Section, View from the Bench, 2000, 2001, 2003
Advanced Family Law Course, Stephen Adams, 2001
Family Law Refresher Course, Stephen Adams, 2000, 2001, 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Annual Family Law Review, The Rutter Group, 2000
Forensic Accountants in Family Law, Orange County Bar, 2000
Domestic Violence Issues in Family Law, Orange County Bar, 2000
Domestic Violence Training, Barristers, 1999
Evidentiary Issues in Family Law, Orange County Bar. !999, 2002,2003,2008,2009
Family Law, CEB, 1998
Public Law Center, Family Law Basic Training, 1998
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, State Bar of California, 2003
- California, 1996
Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Juris Doctor - January, 1995
- "The Gavel", "Family Law for the Tort Lawyer, 2006
- "The Gavel", Getting Documents into Evidence", Orange County Trial Lawyers, 2008
- "Splitting the Babies: When should the court separate siblings", Orange County Lawyer Magazine, April, 2005
- Contempt Remedies in Child Support Cases: "Get a Job", Orange County Lawyer Magazine, November, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2004 - 2006
- "Americas Most Influential Women in Law, Politics and Technology" Forbes Magazine Program, SkyRadio Interview, 2006
- "Americas Preeminent Lawyers", Los Angeles County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tern, 2005 - 2006
- National Register of Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2004
- Manchester's Who's Who, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- OCBA, Family Law Section, Member, 2001 - Present
- OCBA, Family Law Section, Director-at-Large, Executive Committee, 2001 - 2003
- Peter M. Elliot, Inns of Court, 2001 - 2003
- California State Bar, Family Law Section, 2000 - Present
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce, 1997
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce, 2003
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce, 2004 - 2009
- Brea Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- School Site Council, Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District, 2005 - 2006
- School Site Council, Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District, 2006 - 2007
- West Yorba Linda Little League, Executive Board Member, 2005 - 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Stegmeier & Gelbart, Costa Mesa, California, Associate Attorney, 2000 - 2001
- Law Office of Richard Sullivan, Orange, California, Associate, 2000 - 2001
- Clemens & Associates, Anaheim Hills, California, Associate, 1997 - 2000